RE: What's the Big Secret?

I agree with you.  Although, I feel the same way about salaries as well.
However, I think the VW magazines do include purchase price, at least for
the
ones that were junk before being revitalized or for one-owners.

My parents helped out my sister in the purchase of a horse with $500.  To
keep
things "fair" (heck, I could've cared less) my parents wanted to help me
with
something as well for roughly an equal amount.  Since I knew they couldn't
really afford helping me with my computer obsession and my Dad kept looking
for
excuses to rid himself of the VW (which they bought brand new in '72) and my
mom
saw how I took such good care of it and I did need a car they decided to
give me
the Squareback (and I hope there are no English teachers out there cringing
on
this run-on sentence :)  So, I guess you could say I paid $500 for my VW
(HA! if
that were only true) in 1985 and she was bone stock, in excellent condition,
very well maintained, and literally full of a lifetime of memories.  Oh, and
lots of hay before my parents bought a truck (a Squareback can hold two
bales of
hay nicely).
   Toby "a long way from home and further from stock" Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member