Titles for older cars

Boyd Drew and Jim Adney wrote:

>> Here in New Hampshire if your car is over ten years old
you do not even get a
> >title!  all you have is registration!
>
>Really??!!  Are you sure??

The same is true in New York state.  When I went and picked
up my Fastback and brought it back to MI my cousin did not
have a NY title for it.  They also do not issue them for
cars older then 10 years.  I called the MI DMV and they did
not believe me, but looked it up and sure enough that was
the case.  They said that all I need is a bill of sale(for
tax reasons) to show that I bought the car and the last NY
registration if I had it.

I have not made the trip down there yet, so we will see.

--
John Jaranson
Research Engineer