Re: seatbelts

On 30 Jun 98 at 20:22, Super70ty@aol.com wrote:

> It's a 70 model
> >  one more thing how is the lower lap belt and should belt
> >  > supposed to go together or do they? I looked at the owners manual but it
> >  > didn't help me at all
> >
> >  What year?  They are different.

For a 70 there are three distinct mounting points.  The belt attaches
to two at the outside of the car, high and low.  There is a "latch"
assembly that bolts to the two sides of the center tunnel and serves
as the inner detachable anchor point for the belts from both sides.

The belt itself is one assembly, with a "buckle" in the middle that
clips into the center anchor point and two adjustable straps that run
out to the two outer attachment points.

Hope this helps.

Jim