T3: Re: Oil pressure

On 26 Feb 98 at 9:50, assaf wrote:

> 1.  My problem this time is an old one. About one year ago I had an overall
> to my engine,I did it myself,
> but every time that I slowwing my car at low rims the oil warnnig light cam
> on for e few secends.
> The oil pump is new,the oil pressure switch is new,oil cooler new, and the
> oil pressure relief valve.
> p.o - befure I made an overall, I had this problem at my old engine block
> that I blow up.

Given that you have replaced all the usual suspects, I would guess
that the the main bearing bores in your case have been stretched
through use and are no longer tight on the OD of the bearings.  This
allows oil to leak out there and makes it hard for the lub system to
maintain pressure at low rpms.

The other possibility is that your engine is running hot for some
reason and this thins out the oil, dropping the pressure.  You need
to have ALL the correct cooling sheet metal in place, with the
thermostat system installed and properly adjusted.

> 2.  Whay I have a wind noise at high kph from my quarter window?

Bad seals, bent parts, etc....

Jim