Subscription & a first question

Greg:

Please subscribe me to the Type III mailing list.  I'm currently looking for a
restoration project (and may have found one today) and would like to thank you
for the outstanding resource your web site provides.  Lots of useful
information and links!

Thanks!

p.s. my first question!...the Type III Squareback I looked at today had been
converted to carbs, and an opening had been cut in the engine compartment
cover to accomodate the carb itself, then covered with a homemade plastic
housing.  This placed a raised bump in the cargo area floor (I'd prefer a flat
load space).  Is it wise to convert back to fuel injection, and would this
eliminate the "bulge" in the floor?  How troublesome is the fuel injection
system normally used on the Type III?  As you can see, I'm new to this and
will need all the help I can get when I finally make a purchase!