Innovations in Fiberglass Type III 2 piece hinge covers

You can buy either the one piece -- I guess the older models had this with
a rear dome light installed -- or the two piece kit.  Since my baby is a
true daily driver (okay, okay, once she gets her tranny) I opted for her
stock style hinge covers (one cover per hinge, two hinges, thusly called
the two piece kit...yea, I was sorta confused at first as well).

They're just okay.  You'll notice that the stock units are a plastic.  This
allowed flexibility.  The Innovations ones are a thick fiberglass and are
rather inflexible.  The exterior surface isn't flat and smooth like I
would've expected.  They also happen to be a smidgen too small in the
mounting points and you have to drill the mounting holes yourself -- kinda
a pain but to be expected when working with fiberglass products.  My right
hinge cover only uses three of the four stock mounting points as there
isn't enough material to cover the fourth hole.

Would I recommend them?  Well, if your stock hinge covers are REALLY shot
or nonexistent then, yes, get them.  But if your covers are still in good
condition (maybe just need some paint?) then keep them.

Total price came to $55, give or take about $5.

    Toby Erkson
    air_cooled_nut@pobox.com  <-- Please use this address for email responses
    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
    '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member