009 on a stock '67 DP motor?

Hello all,

I am in need of replacing my worn out original distributor (or rebuild it) on my all original 67 Fastback.

It seems more cost effective to go the 009 route since I have dual PSDIT-32 carbs. Does anyone have any pratcical experience with a 009 coupled with stock carbs and stock motor? Will I have flat spots to deal with? I really don't want to get into attempting to "tune" the stock carbs.

I would also consider replacing the stock carbs with 34 ICT's if the 009/stock approach won't work out.

This is a daily driver - I'm looking for reliability more than any performance gains from any changes.

Thanks!

-Jeff

    '67 Fastback
    '78 Westy