Re: Floor & Vent RUST?

On your rust problem , how about putting a shopvac on the opening
under the seat, then using high-pressure air to blow the crud back
down the line?  I blew mine out when I had the rocker panels open,
fixing rust holes in the heater channels, an air blow gun worked
wonders.  I followed that up with some rust converter stuff to
discourage further rust.  I didn't have a welder then, used fiberglas
gel and glass cloth to patch, has worked well..

What you really want for under your carpet is stuff called tar-board
or sound-deadening paneling.  Can be gotten from body shop suppliers
or I think Whitney or Rocky Mountain Motor Works has it.  Would have
better sound dampening properties than ordinary felt, probably would
wear better, too.  Rust converter first, then use mastic to stick it
down with.  Works inside the doors, too.