Re: type 3 cabrio?

>DEAR ALL
>MAYBE EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT, EXEPT THE NEW GUY, BUT WHAT IS THE
>STORY ABOUT THE TYPE 3 CABRIOLET PROTOTYPE PROJECT?
>DO YOU OWN ONE OF THESE (ONLY TO BE FANTASISED ABOUT ) BABIES?
>HOW MANY OF THESE PROTOTYPES SURVIVED EXEPT THE ONE AT WOLFSBURG?
>RENIER
>'69 QUASSIE
>'96 GOLF I (CHICO)
>
>=================================
>"The rarest-of-the-rare Volkswagens"
>Type 3 Cabriolet Prototype Project
>http://www.autographica.com/t3cpp.html
>mailto:awpresley@autographica.com
>=================================

Hello Renier,

To my knowledge there are only two officially produced prototypes.  One at
Wolfsburf and one at Karmann GMBH.  There are other custom-made
facsimilies, but only 2 originals.

The T3CPP is one of my projects to make a very close facsimile to the
prototypes.

I have found out however, that there are more than the typical two
prototypes of the Type Three Karmann Ghia Cabriolet.  One found Last
December in a dealership liquidation in Germany.  I have talked with the
new owner and will be getting photos in the future.

The T3CPP site has photos of the two 1500 Cabriolet prototypes.  If you are
Web enabled, go check it out!

Big Al