Dual/single port heads

To Jeff Carver:

You are right, and I am right, and we all are as right as right can be!

I claimed that VW went to the dual port head for Types I and II in 1971.

Jeff said, hey, he HAS one on his Type III from 1967.

Well, strange as it seems to me, both statements are correct.  The Type III
got a 1600cc engine in 1965, but it was 1967 when the dual port got
glued on.

Why VW went to the dual port in '67 for the T3, but waited until '71 to
put it on the beetle and van...well, I dunno.  But then, I'm still trying to
figure out how a brown cow can eat green grasss and give white milk.

Best...

Phil
dillard@suu.edu