Re: Neutral

Brian Fye wrote:

> Does anyone know why VW set up the auto trans to only start in neutral?
> It seems like a safety issue to start in park.  Was the autostick set up
> this way?

We had this thread a while back and the conclusion , if my memory serves me,
was that the only good reason we could come up with was that it was less
expensive to build the trans that way.  Single ignition lock-out switch and
simpler park feature.  Besides it's just one more quirk that makes our cars
unique.

Our cars (T3) were never equipped with the Autostick.  It would be curious to
know if the Autostick was the same.  Anybody out there know?