Re: Difference in heads

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 DILLARDP@edu-suu-lifac.li.suu.edu wrote:

>James asked about using a Type 1 case in a T3.
>
>One thing that pops into mind is the matter of the cross bar support
>that a Type 3 uses.  T3 cases and universal cases have the holes drilled
>so you can use the engine support member.  I doubt that a T1 case would
>have this.

What was all that about filling it with oil?
I haven't taken my t3 motor out yet or looked at it
that critically.  I assumed there was some kind of special
sump at the end of that mysterious oil filler neck.

Would somebody please kindly explain the process of
sticking a universal-case long block into an early type3?

If you don't mind, I'd also like to know if the type3 has a
special (swing) tranny, or will a bug swingaxle do?

I don't need a new engine or tranny, mind you, but these are
good things to know.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t