Re: T3 tow bar claimed

> junk yard.  I go to the junk yard and sure enough, thar she be!  After
> scavenging a couple of other parts along with the hitch and mountings my
> grand total was...$14.50!  And some people are asking $150 for 'em :(  My

> mechanic is cleaning and painting the parts (I'll be polishing the
chrome)

I also bought one for $15, complete.  I always thought the $150 was for a
tow bar, i.e. to attach to the front of your Type 3 so you can tow it with
your truck if it breaks down.  I'll gladly sell my tow hitch for $150.  :)

There's another T3 tow hitch at "Bud's Bugs" in Concord, CA.  Probably
wouldn't be more than $20, knowing their prices...

Later,
Everett Barnes              The Type II and III Experience
ebus@ebus.simplenet.com     http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen