T3 tow bar claimed

Driving around the Washington Square Mall in Portland and I spied a lady
driving a Squareback and it had a trailer hitch poking out its rear bumper.
 I put a note on windshield asking the owner to call me.  Couple of days
later Craig (the husband) calls and we talk.  I find out he's on this list
(HI Craig and family!).  We talk about the hitch and how I would like to
buy it from him if they ever sell the Square.  He tells me he saw one at a
junk yard.  I go to the junk yard and sure enough, thar she be!  After
scavenging a couple of other parts along with the hitch and mountings my
grand total was...$14.50!  And some people are asking $150 for 'em :(  My
mechanic is cleaning and painting the parts (I'll be polishing the chrome)
for me.  It's in perfect condition!  Thanks Craig!!

I now also have the BN2 gas heater from Wojciech and am thinking of an
alternate place to put it instead of the front trunk.  I would like to have
it's output piped into the stock ducting [output] system so I wouldn't have
to use the stock heat exchangers.  Any ideas out there?

For those interested in the junk yard '72 Square I saw:  Has all glass,
chrome window trim (left rear is bent but the rest is in good condition),
good engine cover (not tar/fiberboard interior cover but still has good
condition aluminum insulator underside), front fenders (rears are bent at
torsion housing points), rear hatch, I think a good condition front hood,
rear hatch (push-button lock was forced out, has defrost grid and license
plate light assembly), good condition rubber cargo mat (a tad jagged at the
rear, ~6" rip in center section (glueable?)), good condition rear panels
and FI access panel.  If anyone is sincerely, truly, really interested in
some of the parts I can pull 'em and mail 'em for ya -- I don't want to
pull and pay for the stuff and find postage just to find out you really
don't want them.  I snagged the door sill plates and the one slightly
damaged but still usable plastic seat rail.
    Toby Erkson
    air_cooled_nut@pobox.com  <-- Please use this address for email responses
    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
    '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member