RE: Greasing Front Beam

According to Hoover and my memory, keep pumping it
in until it comes out CLEAN.  That way no old stuff is
left in there.  I case you haven't seen the Hoover sermons:
http://www.type2.com/
and then go to Sermons.

Again, in case the Type 3 folks haven't read them, these
are VERY well written VW specific sermons on how to keep
a VW running, and WHY one should do certain things.
A very valuable resource for all things VW.

- Jeff   Iwanna21/23windowsunroofDeluxe! for daily driving
'80 Westi  (2)   BOTH FOR SALE
'67 Sqbk    '64 Ford Crewcab
'87 Subaru 4WD   '97 Nissan Quest
Grass Valley, California, USA
Jeffrey.Carver@Aerojet.com
I don't want to get back on the T-3 addiction thread again, but, you
know you are sick when you can go out in 20 degree weather (ah, that's
F. for all you metric people, not celcius) and still enjoy working on
your car.

But anyway, was greasing the front torsion bars.  Dr. Muir said to keep
going until grease just starts coming out the seals.  Haynes says not to
put too much or you can damage the seals.  What's correct?