Re: Floor under battery rust (ideas)

It depends on how large the hole is.  I have one that's about quarter
size, going to round it out and put in a plastic plug for a drain.  I
was going to hit the whole area with that rust conversion stuff, then
coat it with asphaltic varnish to prevent further corrosion.  That way
I can periodically rinse the whole area out with soda water solution.
The only thing is that my source for asphaltic varnish has dried up
before I could get a quart.  If you have larger holes, your only
recourse is to get some plate welded back over the area.  The varnish
bit is still a good idea after, I think.  I looked at those Optima
batteries, I could buy 20 years worth of regular Interstate ones for
what they wanted for one locally.  Five years is all you're going to
get for life on one.  Hope you find out they're worth it.