Floor under battery rust (ideas)

What to do about the largely rusted place under the battery,
which is my only pan rust?  Just looking for ideas since I know
the whole  pans are not available...  Thinking about wire wheeling
the rust off, and letting a welder do his thing.

I got the optima battery so the corrosion process caused by the
old battery should subside now.  But I don't want the holes to
get any bigger or the rust to get any worse.  Thanks for ideas.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t