Happy Repair Report

Hello All,

The starter on my '67 square gave out yesterday.  Didn't know what was
wrong at first, but went through the steps of the Idiot Guide and found
out it was the starter.  I have not replaced a starter before, so I was
a bit intimidated.  Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the
swap was easy and I didn't get hung up on some stupid thing that always
seems to go wrong with our 25+ year old cars.  It took me longer to
gather my tools, jack the car and jump the two bolts on the selonoid to
check the starter, than it did to remove and replace it.  For those who
have never done this repair, it requires removing one of the
engine/tranny bolts.  Much easier on a T-3 than an upright engine, you
don't have to feel behind the darn fan housing, the bolt is just right
there!  I was also happy I had a spare starter sitting around!

Well, that's the report.

Charlie
'67 Square
I may be a Muir Idiot, but I'm no imbecile!