Re: hard shoulder manual and spareparts

Toby Erkson wrote:

> 1 quart of oil

Hmm... I'd carry more than this, especially if on a long trip. 1 qrt will go fast if
you've got a major leak and 100 miles from nowhere.

> screwdrivers (Phillips and flat blade)

I picked up one of those multi-drivers that has phillips & flat bits in different
sizes *and* a retractable magnetic pickup tool built into the shaft.

> leather gloves and fire extinguisher are optional -- but useful

Fire extinguisher optional? I disagree, should be right near the top of the
mandatory list.

> (kinda get the impression
> I'm the geek that helps when there's an accident?).

S'okay Toby, I'm a safety geek too ;-) Though when I stop to help folks at midnight
on a deserted road and they see some guy wearing a leather jacket and dreadlocks
step out of a bright purple car they are a bit hesitant to accept the help... go
figure.

You forgot a pocket knife though... AND a cellphone...

T o M