Re: Tires for the '62

>I don't understand you "American Whitewall enthusiasts"!  Whitewalls are an
>american thing!  I live in Canada and I don't see whitewalls unless it is
>an old Chevy or a Ford or something.  WHY oh WHY do you people insist on
>puttting whitewalls on your cars!????  I am sure it isn't "stock"

First, Bruce, thanks for your comments.

Second:
I said "What about whitewalls?"  and "All the vintage  photos I have seen
show blackwall only."

Just in the research stage here!

Besides, at this point in the research,  the '62 was originally sold IN
TEXAS.  That would make it American, wouldn't it?  ; )

As far as not stock, I would like to put some accessories on it,   like
seat belts, like passenger side mirror, like radio...  Whitewalls were
accessories.  Obviously you do not like whitewalls, and I respect that.  I
DID say that the 3.25 whites would look bad.

I do like the blackwalls on Notches.

Anybody know if a 6.00 - 15 "vintage tire"  is being produced by anyone?
Black or white?

Big Al

"The rarest-of-the-rare Volkswagens"
Type 3 Cabriolet Prototype Project