Re: Fw: Do you now the answer?

I don't subscribe to the hit-it-with-a-bigger-hammer theory on
steering components, too easy to bend something really important.  Use
a lever-type tie-rod/ball joint tool.  J.C. Whitney has them fairly
cheap, have been using mine for 15 years.  I agree, a pickle-fork is a
barbaric thing at best.  This unit doesn't bend anything, uses screw
pressure and a lever to gently push out the tie-rod stud.  Doesn't
bugger up the boot or the end of the thread.  Wish I could offer a
better source, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.  At the price
boots are, one use will more than pay for it.