Re: Seats

Charles E. Whitney wrote:

> > > How about lowbacks with *headrests* ?  That would take care of me...
> >
> > Uh...lowbacks by definition do not have headrests. Highbacks, by
> > definition have the headrests.

well there is one exception, my friend has a 1977 beetle ( european) that is equiped with low back
seats.... but has headrests.... the seats themselves are the lowback type ( the seat backrest looks
identical to any of the other lowbacks ( beetles, type 3 etc... ) but there is a bracket holding on the
headrest....
the bracket  attaches to the sides of the seat and travels across the width of the top of the seat and
the headrest is attached to the bracket..... it is original on this car... VW option...... the car also
has thermopane rear side windows ( double pane... with an air gap in the middle for insulation)