[T3] Different Motors

I was wondering does anyone have any info on putting different engines
into vw's
I want something with power but reliable also and i'm not going to get
that with a 1600.
I would like to hear about any other ideas ya'll have.
I'm trying to imagine (because i'm broke right now) how a chevy 4.3 v6
could be put, as a mid engine cofiguration , into a bug or type 3
blind@satx.net