Re: [T3] Grease steering colum??

On 29 Dec 98, at 11:30, Chad wrote:

> Is it possible to grease the steering colum?
> the notch(65) has developed a scraping/squeeking on turns.
>
> Can this be remedied by some grease??

It is most likely that your noise is due to the sliding contact for
the horn on the front side of the steering wheel fraying.  I suggest
that you pull the steering wheel off and take a look at this.  If
left alone, it will rip off the stationary spring contact one of
these days.  If you fix it now, it will cost you only an arm; let it
go and it will cost an arm AND a leg.

Unfortunately, grease alone will not do it.

Jim