Fwd: [T3] Grease steering colum??

From: LaRoucheD1@aol.com
To: ccandgc@pixi.com
Subject: Re: [T3] Grease steering colum??
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:42:29 EST

In a message dated 12/29/1998 4:31:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ccandgc@pixi.com writes:

> Is it possible to grease the steering colum?
>  the notch(65) has developed a scraping/squeeking on turns.

Sounds like a similar problem I am having. It could be the horn contact
between the steering wheel and the turn signal switch. Pull the steering wheel
and you may find that the horn contact is worn down, possibly with a groove
cut into it. I'm sure that is not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it
helps. Make sure you pull the steering wheel and check it out, mine was
getting to the point where it was causing the wheel to stick, very unsafe!

David
71 Squareback