re: RE: [T3] my never ending quest for disc brakes.

In a message dated 12/22/98 2:38:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, type3-d-
request@vwtype3.org writes:

<<  RE: [T3] my never ending quest for disc brakes. >>

to expound some on a couple of points that my ( real -- read type3 ) friends
have made ;)

point # 1 -- Mr Erkson:

<<anDanDanDan, you don't need a booster and a proportioning valve
<<ain't nuthin'.  My stock, 4-wheel disc brake 914 doesn't have a booster and
<<neither does

thank you, thank you , thank you ( 20 more times ) thank you. After having
received ominous email replies " you shouldn't convert to 4 wheel discs
without a proprtioning valve and booster -- this is no conversion to be
attempted by a mortal man " I get a voice of reason ( ! ? ) someone who
actually crawls under a car for someone else and says " bull ! you don't have
to do that !! "

Point # 2 -- Matt ( mr. toastedt3 )

<<like you're looking for.
<<I'd recommend Type 3 Detectives for the really hard parts.  Katie's become
<<pretty good internet friends with paul the owner an

I've actually bought plenty of things ( acouple of years ago ) from our type 3
buddy over the pond in " jolly ole" I've talked to paul on the phone he's nice
yes, it just takes too long to get parts and I ordered a ( repro - as stated
in the magazine ) type3 tach from him and got some tach off of an MG or
something and really haven't bothered with them since. I appreciate the
advice.

after all is said and done I probably don't need rear discs -- I just wanted
to be " real fancy" and do something that I thought no one else had done but I
can get rear drums drilled in the pattern I want right off the shelf and won't
have to but a rear disc brake kit and save 5-600 bucks.

Thanks all !!!!
Dan