Re: [T3] Gravel Guards

Doug writes:

> I think T3Ds are the ones with the real audacity here.  I've
>  never dealt with them because their prices are so ridiculous

their prices may be high to those of us in the USA, but to those in the UK,
they are not really.

as a rough conversion factor,  US $10 will buy you the same amount of VW stuff
in the US that UK #10 will buy you in the UK.  In conversion terms, this means
that this $10 worth of stuff will cost you $16 in the UK at current exchange
rates.  This goes for most consumer items (a new car costing $10000 in the US
will cost you at least $16000 in the UK, a $200 TV will cost you $300, and so
on).  Supply and demand, amongst other things.

Conversely, you can see that if the aforementioned gravel guards (for UK #85)
were being sold in the US, they would retail for $85, which most of you
wouldn't think was too unreasonable, considering their rarity (i've never seen
any), etc.  Look at the prices of their other stuff to back this up: if you
were simply to substitute a dollar sign for the pound sign, stuff wouldn't
seem that expensive.  Obviously you can't do this in reality.

What doesn't help matters at the moment is that the Pound is pretty strong
against the Dollar.

I hope some of this makes sense.

Sonny