RE: [T3] VWTrends

I know Remus makes after-market exhaust systems for water-cooled cars.  They
are a $quality$ $brand$.  Autobahn International Motorsports in Hillsboro
(http://www.autobahnint.com/) sells 'em.  I talked with on of the store/shop
president (Pete) and he's a knowledgeable and helpful guy.  Though it's a
modern car specialty shop he drives a late model Type II, Bright Orange with
white roof, Mercedes rims and he knew exactly what a Type III was!  He also
let us check out the '73 Espada Lamborghini in the back room!  Chevy
8-cylinder my ass, let's put in an Italian 12-banger! :)

Merged exhaust for Type I/III...same thing.  The merged exhaust is for
extracting more performance from the engine and doesn't play a [major] part
in the exhaust note.  However, when changing the exhaust headers you will
need to change to a non-stock muffler as well.  For a stock engine I would
recommend a dual quiet pack; a single QP would work okay.  For a loud voice
use a stinger -- remove the baffle to silence anyone on a Harley-Davidson
;).  The stinger won't help until you hit high rpm and in a
bigger-than-stock engine.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta GL 2.0L, boringly bone-stock
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/