[T3] Reporting list difficulties

To all,

	If the list appears to be misbehaving or if it appears to be
neglecting you, please do not send a message to all 300+ subscribers!

	Instead, send a message to me via any of these addresses:

	gregm@vwtype3.org
	help@vwtype3.org
	webmaster@vwtype3.org

Not only will you keep the signal-to-noise ratio high, but you'll get a
much quicker response.  I check the addresses above typically several
times per day, but only some days do I read the list traffic as it comes
in.

	If you find that you're no longer receiving messages, and if you
have Web access, check first to make sure that the list itself is o.k. and
that you're really missing something.  Do this by visiting the Web version
of the list which is linked via http://vwtype3.org/list/ .  The Web
version is automatically updated once every hour.

	If the list is alive and you're not receiving messages, it's
possible that you've been automatically unsubscribed.  This is a
relatively rare event, but can indeed happen if mail sent to you is
bouncing -- your server's been down, your mailbox is full, etc.  The first
thing to do is to simply try to re-subscribe yourself; see
vwtype3.org/list for instructions.

	If this does not work, just drop me a line and I'll be glad to
help!

	Regarding the digest format:  much to my chagrin, SmartList uses
attachments (text ones!) in the digest format of the list.  If you're
receiving the digest at all, then you are indeed being sent the whole nine
yards (unless your mail provider somehow strips away attachments; I've
never heard of that!).  I will subscribe to the digest version with a
HotMail account to see what happens.

Cheers!
-Greg Merritt