[T3] Strange model number?

I have the '73 Squareback with an unusual serial number. The car was
built in 9/72, and it has a serial number of (3632002317.) Whenever I go
to get parts, they always ask me for the serial number, and then they
tell me it's not on their list. I've talked to the Volkswagon dealership
here (Seattle,) and they say that it is legit but it isn't on their
usual "list." They also can't give me any info on it. If it ain't new,
they don't care. Can anyone here help me out? Thanks.