[T3] Starting Problems

Hello fellow T-3ers,

A few months ago, I sent a message to the BB about a cold start
problem.  Good advice was given to turn the key on and off a few times
to build up fuel pressure.  It worked at first, but I encountered another
problem shortly after cranking it over a few times in that gas leaked from
the right rear.  Since then, I've had all new fuel lines installed.  My mechanic
told me the ones on there were in decent shape but were the wrong size
(too large in diameter).  Well now here is the new starting problem:  the
car now has a harder time starting than it did before.  When the car sits for a
few hours, when I crank it, it sort of kicks over, then instantly dies as if
there is no fuel flow.  I can try to start a few more times and normally I get the
same syptom.  Well I opted to do the unrecommended start up method and hit
the gas peddle when she turned over (not recommended on FI cars), and she did
then kick over with a puff or two (engine prob flooded slightly).  Any ideas
why I am having this problem?  I'm thinking my fuel pump is on the outs,
although once it starts, she runs great, and when she's warmed up, she start 1st
crank every time.  This one is confusing to me.  Please help!

Keith Ruff
69 Fastback

This message sent courtesy of:
    PLANET DIRECT