[T3] Prop rod on 64 Notchback.

I have been trying to figure out an easy way to convert over to the later
model shocks for the rear trunk.
The rod seems to let the trunk sag on the side that is not supported when
up which doesn't seem to be to good for the lid.  I have the shocks and the
late model hinges but the locating dowels needed for the bottom of the
shock located in the fender/body cavity are obviously not there because of
the year.  Has anybody been able to make this conversion?  Any help
appreciated.

Regards,
Cary Behar

RZ's Unlimited