Re: [T3] Window rubber.

Keith Park wrote:

> I just dont understand the problem here... why
> doesnt WCM simply take some of the extrusion and cut and glue them to the
> correct lengths for us.

Let me tell you something about WCM.
Eventhough their slogan is "Manufacturers and Importers of Quality
Restoration Products", they have never produced anything, and quality is
mostly incidental.
They buy from commonly knows sources, put a huge margin on it, and sell
it to the poor suckers who can't find a different source.
Basicly the owner became rich in the 80's by buying rubber parts in
Germany from the original manufactures or more often directly at a VW
dealer. He then tured around and sold the stuff in the US for 2 to 3
times the price.
All his cost were a bit of shipping and ~2.5% customs. If you ship by
the container its cheap.
Example type III door seal: VW Germany ~$50
                        WCM $119
Thats why I buy the more expensive stuff in Germany.
Since 90% of all people are only able to order from a nice catalog and
are not able to really search out an alternative source, thats the best
way to make money.

Since even VW Germany has less aircooled stuff available nowadays, WCM
is buying a lot from Brazil and other sources. Thats the junky quality
which is so prevalent nowadays.

There are more companies like WCM, the most known is probably RMMW.

At this point I would like to recommend "the bus depot" on the internet.
They work with a much smaller margin, and are not rich yet.

To answer your question:
Since WCM does not produce anything, they also won't glue anything.
They don't have to get dirty to make money.

Martin Peitz
(pissed of about his 1 year old tail light seals that are junk again,
and who can't find his RMMW reciept)