Re: [T3] interchangable fan shroud??

On 14 Dec 98, at 15:14, RudyGrrrl@aol.com wrote:

> Ok..so heres the deal. i have a '65 fan shroud in my '67 squareback, so my car
> has a 6 volt generator right now cause thats all it'll hold.. i need to
> replace the fan shroud so it holds my 12 volt generator....i have found a fan
> shroud at a "pick n' pull" place for a '70 squareback.. im perty sure i can
> use it in my car..but i dont wanna make any (more) mistakes. so is the '70
> gonna fit in my car and hold the generator cool and everything??  ooh, also..i
> was told if i have stock exaust on my car that it'll be harder to replace the
> fan shroud...how difficult would it actually be??

The 70 shroud is the one you want.  It will fit.

The hardest part of the job is removing the pulley and fan.  The
pulley is held on with a large bolt that requires a large socket, and
a torque wrench to reinstall it, and the fan requires a puller (like
a steering wheel puller) to get it off.  DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO PRY IT
off with screwdrivers!!!  Use two 8mm bolts threaded through the
puller and into the fan hub to pull it off.

Jim