Re: [T3] Help! I don't want to have to sell my square...

On 13 Dec 98, at 18:03, El guapo wrote:

> Okay, so i just finished rebuilding the engine (top end) on my '67 square,
> got it going and took it out for a cruise today.  After only an hour of
> driving around, my girlfriend and I got totally nauseaous, had awful
> headaches and just wanted to go to sleep... talk about CO poisoning!

Exhaust fumes can be drawn in through a bad rear door seal or a bad
engine hatch seal.  The mats do not matter.

To avoid this, if your seals are bad, do NOT drive with the pop-outs
or the roll-downs open.  You should open the front (in front of the
windshield) vents or the side vent windows turned more than 90
degrees so they scoop air in and pressurize the interior.

> It didn't run too well for that matter.  It barely loped along until the
> RPM's got to 900-1000, then it would catch,

It is possible that you have the idle set a bit too low to start with.  At
least the later cars idle at 850-900.

> I am soooo bummed out.  I just want to puke right now, and after three
> weeks of working on this thing after work at night, I just feel like
> giving up.

You can't give up now.  You've done the hard work, this is just the
details.

Jim