Re: [T3] Help! I don't want to have to sell my square...

EduardoG=> I have got the worst headache I have EVER had.

I don't think you should consider selling it just yet, but it would be a
good idea to fix that problem.

You say the heater's not hooked up -- in what way? Is the fresh-air
system complete? Maybe just your cables are disconnected?

Is your car rusty underneath? Exhaust escaping early, as from a rusted
heater-box case, combined with a hole in the wheel well or nearby area
can draw exhaust into the body spaces and the interior. Did you have
windows open on the test drive from the beginning? An open window can
*increase* draw into the body by lowering internal pressure.

After you figure that problem out, then think about your rough idle. It
sounds like you're not hitting on all four real well. I'd first look at
the electrical system. Check for a good, strong spark on all four
cylinders. Did you replace the old plugs with the correct type? How are
your wires? Are they all going to the correct cylinders? It may also be
that your timing is off or your distributor is a little wonky, like maybe
a sticky advance mechanism. (Forgive me if this seems elementary and
you've checked it all already -- gotta start somewhere!)

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KGhia 1600