Re: [T3] Front End Greasing ?'s

On 11 Dec 98, at 12:09, Charlie wrote:

> Will not greasing the front make it ride very bumpy and make you feel
> every bump in the road?  Since I greased it, things seem to be much
> smoother.

You will probably not be able to perceive any difference due to
lubrication.

> Secondly, when I greased the upper nipples, the grease that came out
> from the seal was quite runny, guuppy, and gross.  Should I keep pumping
> grease in until all the old yucky gunk is out of there?

The purpose of regreasing is twofold, first to assure that there IS
lubrication and thus a minimum of wear, and second to remove dirt and
water, which are your front end bearings' worst enemies.  From your
description I would guess that there is a fair amount of water mixed
in with the old grease.  Flush it out with fresh grease and never let
this happen again.

{You have been warned.  Another similar infraction and we will have
the front end police out to visit you in the middle of a dark night.}

Jim