Re: [T3] Tire diameter, circumference

Scott Keck's measurements sound about right. Our radial standard
(165R15) is 26.04 inches in diameter and 81.81 inches in
circumference.  By comparison, the 195/50R15 that has been
mentioned here is only 22.68 inches (effectively lowering your
ride by 1.5")in diameter and 71.24 inches in circumference.
Which means that an indicated 65mph with the 195's is only
57mph!!  Makes a case for checking those tire pressures.

I wonder if you could argue that your tires were overinflated
(bigger in diameter) and that you really only had an indicated
65mph, officer....

Leter,
John Jaranson
71 FI Auto Fasty(it will be really cool to say my Fasty can do
100mph when it actually tops out at about 87mph)