RE: [T3]

Yeah.  I'm not having fuel pump problems, though.  She gets plenty of fuel.
At the moment I'm willing to put up with a little rough idle when cold.

Problem as I have it now:  surging at idle.  She started pinging again at
highway speeds, this I attributed to the contacts wearing down, so I backed
the timing down, and bumped up the idle (71 Square, FI, manual).  She will
now *happily* cruise at 75, and no pinging (I don't have a light, so I can't
be positive of the number).

But, I'm back to surging.  I adjusted the idle cutoff at the throttle body
intake, and it seemed to work until I made the above adjustments.  Question:
I turned the indicator one additional hash mark counter-clockwise (left, or
further closed) after I heard the butterfly click (which is something of a
misnomer, as it didn't really 'click' as I would represent it, but hey, I'm
new to FI).  I'm tempted to try it the other way; hear the click, and turn
it one hash mark clockwise, or more open.  Which way is right?  Muir's books
have been known to have typos, and mine is a *very* old book (like 74).
I've misplaced my damned Bentley manual.