RE: [T3] old new motor... Rust/rehab rings?

That's what I'd do, but if you're just going to break the thing down to
rebuild, and basic piston sets run $86, why?  If it's your intention to
re-road the engine, I'd whip the motor down and take off the heads to
inspec.&Æor cracks anyway; so...

Up to you, but I wouldn't go to violent extremes for an engine that's only
going to sit one more season, and then be rebuilt.