[T3] old new motor... Rust/rehab rings?

Hi,
	I recently came across a free squareback... I'm taking the front end
and my friend it taking the engine...

	The car has sat for a couple to a few years (last drove in the mid
90's),  The motor may have very well been  new when the previous owner
installed it... the flywheel looks brandnew, as does the rocker arms and
valuve adjustment screws as does the 009 dis.  We've rocked the fan back
and forth to determine that it's not frozen..

My question.....
	Should we just take the heads off and see what it looks like inside? or
should we fill the cylidars w/ something like  Marvel Mystery oil first,
to free up any rusty rings (it has sat for two years) Or is there
anything else i can do to de-"winterize?" this motor.

thanks in advance
ned
'69 squareback