[T3] T3] cold weather idle

>It sounds like either your chokes aren't working, or adjusted, (are they
>partly closed when the engine is cold?) or you aren't "setting" the fast
>idle by pressing down the throttle when you start.  This allows the idle
>stop screw to step up on the fast idle cam.

Care to elaborate a bit more on this Jim, for us novices?
I have the same problem myself, although I suspect this is because I have
dual webers (ICT 34), which have no choke, so first thing in the AM all
Dorka gets at 1st is an inhale of cold air.
Now when I start, I do as Muir says, a push on the gas pedal first to feed
it, then start the car. The first minute or so is a game of gentle touch
and go with the gas pedal to keep the engine chugging along until it hs
just enough warm air to go on its own. Then I let it grouch its way into
life by sitting still about 5 minutes. Bear in mind, I'm waiting until next
spring to get my warm/cool air system flaps fully operational and have no
thermostat - so it may take me longer than most folks to get up to temp.
Question is: Jim are you saying to start the engine with my foot on the gas
simultaneously?