Re: [T3] It's getting even darker

Jim W wrote:

I have always wanted to do a Turbo thing to my T3, part for the power and
part because of the techie challenge.  But, the Supercharger thing sounds
even better.

This has a pale shade of gray, at least...

A guy back home made a "low-budget Supercharging" on his dual-solex fastback
: He took away the original air-cleaner assembly, and replaced this with
little home made air boxes, containing small paper filters, upon each carb.
These cleaners had a 2" stud, pointing backwards, as inlet. He then took
away the U-shaped elbows that connect the air outlets on the fan housing to
the heater boxes, and used 2"  alu flexhose to connect the air outlets to
the inlet studs on the air cleaners! Then he got a electric fan from a late
model bus and connected that with hoses to the heaters, so he still could
get his feet warmed...
At high rev's you could notice a little charging effect, actually! Provided
there was no leaks anywere. His Solexes was a bit worn, too, so they pushed
out a lot of fuel around the throttle axles. Should had been "turbo-sealed"
with o-rings, I guess.

A real supercharger solution sounds quite interesting, though!

/Karl-Olov Sandin