[T3] Gas milage

Hi all

Jim, I have recently measured an average of 30.8 m/g for the past month with
my "new" motor (1200 miles now).
The old, now deceased motor gave me 28.5m/g at 280K
I am in South Africa thus it should be summer now (yesterday it was 10'C),
and we don't get much wind in these parts (Johannesburg). The car is a stock
1600 single port with twin solex carbs, and a freeflow. I am using 93 octane
fuel (the only leaded fuel available here) and the old oil based air filter.
I only drive the car to work and back (approx. 20 miles) so it drives in the
morning and afternoons.
I have spoken to friends who get 32 - 36m/g as a average consumption on
there beetles. The fastback being the longer car should do better (but which
one is the heavier one)

Carl