Re: [T3] '67 squareback-questions

Rachel=> what should i do??

Kymco was offering a 12V T3 generator in a 6V case for a while, until
they had some problems with the T1 generators they were selling and they
suspended the entire line. They may still have a few of these in stock.
I bought one a couple of years ago, and it slots into the 6V shroud just
fine. It cost about $160.

Yes, to replace the fan shroud is an engine-out procedure, but that's
not really a big deal if you have the space and tools.

=> a used fan shroud at a junk yard is around 100...

Wow, I'll have to reassess my junk pile! This seems way high. I had one
I was trucking around to swap meets for most of a year that I couldn't
*give* away!

=> getting 10 miles to the gallon ...
=> only my generator is 6 volt...everything else is 12 volt-hence the
=> problem..

Sorry, I seem to have missed your first note -- how did this come about?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343