Re: [T3] How do you go so fast?

I love those old articles.  I found a mid '65 issue of "Small car"
(read: import car mag).  It compares the "new" '66 squareback to the
fastback.  They thought the extra $200 was worth it to get the square,
more cargo etc.  But they liked the out of site rear trunk on the
fastback.  At $2300 the VW compared well to other wagons, but at the
time, the bug was only $1500 (35% less!).
    The reviewer complained that the rear heater opening melted his
tape recorder,the photo showed a shoe box size reel to reel deck!

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR