[T3] Fwd: Type 1 in a type 3 ( Again...)

Well, I guess I'll just save my dinero for a rebuild, assuming that I
have a usable case ( my fingers are crossed..). Yes , I have looked high
& low for a used pancake engine for the last year & a half .... about as
easy to come by as the ever elusive clean front fenders. Please let me
know of any engines out there. Anyhow, here's another solution I've
heard of...
> Hi Erich, I am a vicarious listee, lurking on the sidelines, limited
>one on one correspondence due to my puny e-mail server. Any ways, I
have
>had experience adapting a type one motor to a late squareback. I had to
>machine the oil fill/dipstick tube hole and studs into the case. The
rear
>mount presented a different problem, as there were no bosses to install
the
>bolts for the mount. I solved that by putting longer studs on the oil
pump
>cover, machining a flat cover for the oil pump, and then using the
sealing
>nuts to mount the cover, followed by flat washers, the rear mount, and
then
>lock washers and nuts. I worried about the cover loosening, and
leaking, but
>that never happened in the 25 or 30 thousand miles that I had the car.
The