RE: [T3] Upright engine in a T3

Ahh, but, could you get by?  If you mounted the generator a la T3, and just
left the gen stand in place, so you could add oil that way?  I'm just trying
to think from the poor guys' standpoint.  You might have to leave the engine
cover off (noisy and dirty), but if he had to get to work... ?
I've been there (with a T1), and it ain't no fun.  I had to take a motor
that had dropped #3, and scrape the bigger chunks of metal out of the bottom
of the case, swap out *a* piston and jug, one junkyard head with new valves
(and old springs) (lapped), and proceed to drive the poor Frankenstein for
like 8 months.  Little single port 1600 on a bone stock 68 T1. It ran, but
it took lots of ingenuity, as I was working part time type hours, and had
*no* cash.
*I* would rather it was rebuilt correctly, but if the guys' in a bind?