Re: [T3] Upright engine in a T3

On 29 Nov 98, at 22:16, Steven Ayres wrote:

> Here's the path of most sense and least resistance: strip the T1 down to
> the long block and dress it with parts from one of your T3s. Cooling,
> fuel, exhaust, electrical, heating, everything.

The only problem with this approach is that there is not place on the
T1 case to mount the oil filler/dipstick, plus I forgot to mention
earlier that 69-73 T3s need the rear mount crossbar, so for the late
cars especially, you really do need an engine built on a T3 case.

In other words don't try to make do with the T1 engine.  You'll waste
all your time and effort working on a part of the project that is
doomed from the start.  Save yourself, your time, and your money for
the T3 approach.

Jim