Re: [T3] fasty popout idea

Or.....you could try what I am going to try.  It would not be
stock looking, but for us DARK SIDERs it will be great.

My plan is to have a new set of glass (slightly larger than
stock) made that will allow me to surface mount them (ala the
Ford/Chrysler/GM minivan rear windows) and to use a similar bulb
type rubber window seal that will fit on the seam in the window
opening.  The new minivans use a simple press-on(maybe glue-on)
hinge that is a simple metal piece that uses the flex in the
metal for the hinge.  It presses onto the glass and bolts to the
window frame.  I'm am also planning on using the power window
actuators to open and close them.  Should make them much more
convenient to use then having to stop and climb in the back to
open or close them.

I have not worked out all of the details of the installation, but
in principle it will work.  Not the cheapest solution, but a
solution.

What do you all think?  I will keep you all posted on the design
and build.  Details available when I have them.

John Jaranson
71 FI Auto Fasty (I think I worked for Ford too long......)